High-definition streaming so advanced, it’s simple.
Video streaming from high-definition (HD) video sources has reached a new level of quality and performance with the Niagara 7550. Designed for professional broadcasting applications, this powerful streaming
appliance simplifies the complex workflows often associated with the transformation of HD video over broadband and mobile networks.
The Niagara 7550 takes advantage of the latest multi-core processing technology giving you the power you need for multi-platform video streaming applications.
Simplicity without sacrificing functionality.
The Niagara 7550 accepts standard- or high-definition video through its SDI interface, and can switch on-thefly between SD or HD sources, without having to reinitialize the system. An SDI loop-out is also provided to facilitate your workflow.
Audio inputs include analog stereo, two channels of AES/EBU and up to eight stereo pairs of embedded SDI audio. Its powerful video pre-processing features include closed-caption extraction and rendering, deinterlacing, inverse telecine, bitmap overlay, scaling and cropping.
Multi-platform video delivery.
The Niagara 7550 comes standard with ViewCast SimulStream® technology. From a single video source, you can deliver multiple simultaneous streams in various formats, bit rates and resolutions, including live streaming to Apple® iPhone® and iPad® mobile digital devices.
It also includes Niagara SCX® management software so you can control all of its key features remotely, through an easy-to-use web interface.
Niagara SCX greatly enhances the live streaming delivery workflow. By eliminating the need for an external stream segmenter, encoding workflows are simplified and overall system costs reduced.
Schedule and manage live video.
VMp Live, an event scheduling software module that is part of the ViewCast Media Platform (VMp™) suite of products, is now available as an add-on component to the Niagara 7550. VMp Live is an easy to use, costeffective solution to schedule and manage your live video events.
- Adobe® Flash® H.264 *
- Adobe® Flash dynamic streaming
- Apple® HTTP live streaming
- Microsoft® Windows Media® (Silverlight®) SD and HD *
- MPEG-4, H.264, H.263
- 3GPP/3GPP2 MP4 container support
- LCD status display
- Video presence indicator
- Stereo audio headset (3.5 mm)
- Front confidence monitor
- SDI (standard definition and high definition) (1 x BNC)
- Embedded SDI Audio (16 channels or 8 stereo pair)
- AES/EBU (4 channels or 2 stereo pair) (2 x XLR)
- Balanced stereo (2 x XLR)
- Unbalanced stereo (2 x RCA)
- SMPTE 259M and 292M SDI standards
- USB ports: 2 rear panel, 1 front panel
- Ethernet: 2 x 1 Gbit ports
- Niagara SCX® with Web interface
- Multi-core processors
- 1 terabyte SATA HDD
- Osprey® 710e HD technology
- Scaling, cropping, de-interlacing, inverse telecine, closed-caption rendering
- Closed-caption rendering (SD only)
- 2U rack mount appliance (2RU x 17" W x 22" D)
(2RU x 43.18 cm W x 55.88 cm D)
- Rack slide rails
- Rack handles
- Rubber feet
- 1 year limited hardware warranty