Video Plex Xpress MPEG-2 Decoder
VideoPlex XPress™ is an MPEG-2 video-in-a-window
decoding board designed for integration into desktop
clients. Targeted at large scale video networking applications,
VideoPlex XPress offers high-quality, cost effective
MPEG video hardware acceleration based on the PCI Video
Inlay method or the Video Port Extension (VPE - part
of the PC 98 recommendations).
VideoPlex XPress is a true digital component in the
PC. It receives MPEG from the PCI bus and produces CCIR-656
streams. These are converted to analog for display via
the Composite or S-Video output connectors or transferred
through the feature connector to the VGA card. This
technology gives a crystal clear image on the VGA.
Optibase DirectShow™ (ActiveMovie) filters have
been successfully installed with thousands of VideoPlex
boards. VideoPlex XPress benefits from the experience
Optibase has gained with COM (Common Object Model) programming
and support for developers and integrators. And by implementing
the VPE recommendations, VideoPlex XPress benefits from
wide PC industry support.
Optibase has gained extensive understanding in networking,
Winsock programming and MPEG over networks from working
with MPEG ComMotion™ UDP, system integrators and
developers and from providing end to end components.
As a result, VideoPlex XPress features crucial requirements
for transmitting MPEG over public networks, such as
the ability to:
- Auto-detect and recover from network errors.
- Handle underflows.
- Handle clock discrepancies.
Following the proven success of Optibase's VideoPlex
MPEG-2 playback family, VideoPlex XPress is the best
platform for creating custom video playback applications
based on DirectShow™ architecture such as video-over-satellite,
video server and video-over-ATM networking solutions.
And by joining Progression, Optibase's developers support
program, integrators can enjoy the specially developed
software tools needed to develop digital video networking
- Video-in-a window
- Composite and S-Video outputs
- Video inlay or for digital video transfer to the
- MPEG-1 System & MPEG-2 Program and Transport
- Drivers for Windows 95/98 and Windows NT 4.0/5.0
Beta (Windows 2000)
- DirectShow 2.0 in Pull and Push modes
- Supports Full D-1, Half D-1 and SIF resolutions
ISO 11172 (MPEG- 1); ISO13818 (MPEG- 2)
VideoPlex XPress accepts MPEG System, MPEG Program and
MPEG Transport multiplexed files.
- MPEG Layer 2
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1, 48 kHz
- Channels: Mono, Stereo
- 16/20 bit audio D/A
- Software adjustable audio output levels
- VPE-Video Port Extension (AMC, LBP, and VMI busses
compliant to PC 98 specifications)
- Composite video out (BNC) & S-Video out (Mini-DIN)
- Unbalanced stereo analog audio out (3.5 mm mini
- DVD / CD-ROM audio pass through with output to the
sound card using soundcard like connectors
- PCI 2.1 compliance
- Half size PCI slot (6.88" x 4.2")
- DirectShow with support for Push and Pull stream
- Filter automatically detects, de-multiplexes and
plays back MPEG clips
- Third party network client support
- Drivers for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0,
Windows 2000 and Linux
- Half size PCI slot (a second slot might be required
for a new VGA card, depending on the specification
of your VGA adapter and PC).
- Pentium II 233 MHz and higher or Pentium 200 MMX
- 32 MB RAM
- A DirectX compliant VGA board with 8 MB RAM
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows
NT 4.0, Service Pack 3 or above