Thunderbolt™ Drive - CalDigit T1
The Fastest Thunderbolt Single Drive
The CalDigit T1 is a powerful single drive storage device with TWO Thunderbolt ports that supports both regular 3.5" HDD's and the much faster 2.5" SSD drives. One of the most unique functions of the T1 is that the drive is removable, something that you do not normally see on most single drive solutions. This allows for easy expansion and archiving of your important data. With the SSD drive installed, the CalDigit T1 can reach speeds of up to 470 MB/s. This type of speed in the past was only possible with much larger more expensive units that would take up all the space in your edit suite and require a lot of power to run.
The T1 is all about flexibility. Choose the regular 3.5" HDD version for higher storage capacity - up to 4TB, or purchase the 2.5" SSD version if speed is more your thing. Even better you can daisy-chain two T1's together, the SSD version for editing your high quality video files, and the 3.5" HDD version for backing up all your content. In fact you can daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices to one computer.
The removable drive function of the T1 allows professionals to move their data from edit suite to edit suite without having to take the whole storage device with you.
Why has CalDigit decided to support SSD drives? The beauty of SSD drives is that they reduce power consumption, react better to shock, and deal better with extremes in temperature, which is ideal as the T1 is a perfect storage device for moving to different locations.
- Removable drive module
- Supports SSD's & 3.5" HDD's
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Daisy chain multiple devices
- Speeds up to 470 MB/s (SSD)
- Speeds up to 170 MB/s (HDD)
- OS bootable drive
- Aluminium design
- Grounded power supply
- Removable Stand
- Kensington Lock
- Fully featured Mac OS software
- iPhone App
- Automatic event notification
- Perform drive benchmark tests
- Perform drive storage calculations
- Heat dissipating design
- Drive modules are compatible in CalDigit's T2
- Power off the unit and maintain your workflow without breaking a daisy chain connection
- Adjustable FAN switch
T1 - Tech Spec
- Intel Thunderbolt™ Controller - 2 ports.
Capacity: Up to 4TB
- 611020 (3TB HDD)
- 611015 (4TB HDD)
- 611002 (480GB SSD)
- Height: 5.8 inches (147 mm)
- Width: 1.8 inches (45.5 mm)
- Depth: 9.5 inches (241.5 mm)
- SSD Version: 3.00 lb (1.36 kg)
- HDD Version: 4.15 lb (1.88 kg)
Interface Transfer Rate:
- Thunderbolt™: Up to 10Gbits/s
- Front LED light indicating drive use, and status
- Aluminum enclosure with heat dissipating design
Monitoring Softwares (Optional):
- Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
- Thunder View for iPhone and iPod touch
Thunderbolt Drive Utility Features:
- Device List: HDD/SSD Info & health status
- Preferences: Set up automatic check to see drive status
- Notifications: Set up notification types
- Events: Receive detailed drive info
- Disk Benchmark: Test the Read & Write speeds
Daisy Chaining:Connect up to 6 Thunderbolt™ devices, such as CalDigit’s T1 or T2 storage solutions, Thunderbolt™ Monitors, external Thunderbolt™ I/O devices, or any other Thunderbolt™ enabled device, to one computer
Power Supply Adapter:
AC Power Adapter Full range
Input: AC 100-240V~1.3A, 50-60Hz
Output: DC 12V, 3A Max
EMC: CE, FCC, UL, GS, CCC
- Size: 40(L) x 40(W) x 10(H) mm
- Rated Voltage: DC 12V, 45mA
- Speed: Around 3700 R.P.M.
- Airflow: 3.5 CFM(ft3/min)
- Noise Level: 16.0 dB(A)
- Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
- Thunderbolt™ enabled machine
In the Box:
- 1x CalDigit T1
- 1x Driver Module
- 1x Thunderbolt Cable
- 1x AC Adapter
- 1x AC Power Cord
- 1x Drive Key
- 1x Drive Stand
- 1x Manual (Preinstalled)
- 1x Thuderbolt Drive Utility (Preinstalled)
Every 1TB can store up to:
Up to 200,000 digital photos
Up to 250,000 songs (MP3)
Up to 76 hours of Digital Video (DV)
Up to 380 hours of DVD quality video
Up to 120 hours of HD video
We are currently working to get Thunderbolt devices certified for Windows. Look for those announcements soon.
Downloadable versions of the user manual & drivers are available on the CalDigit support page.
Comes with standard CalDigit 3 Years Warranty.
Burst transfer rates will vary from one computer to another. Depending on the host configuration, average speeds are usually lower.
Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
Use of this product is subject to acceptance of the software license agreements included. Product contains electronic documentation.
1TB (Terabyte) = 1000GB. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5–10% less).