The PIXCI® E4 is a plug-n-play frame grabber. Load the software, connect the camera, and begin to capture images. In addition to supporting high bandwidth cameras, the PIXCI E4 supports more than 100 Full, Medium, and Base configuration Camera Link cameras with lower bandwidth requirements.
The PIXCI E4 offers:
- 700 Megabyte per second sustained data transfer to PCI Express x4 bus.
- Camera specific controls - exposure, bit depth, gain, frame rate, etc.
- Camera operation in free-run mode for maximum frame rate sequence capture.
- Camera operation in control (trigger) mode.
- $1595.00 with XCAP-Lite imaging program.
Multiple PIXCI E4 boards can be installed in the same computer. The XCAP-Std program allows simultaneous use of the PIXCI E4 with other EPIX® frame grabbers supporting different camera models, either Camera Link compatible or not. XCAP-Std also offers video-to-disk capture, subject to the performance of the host computer's RAID array.
The PIXCI E4 is designed for the future. Although the PIXCI E4 can be used in any PC computer with a x4 PCI Express bus and 512 MB of memory, it is designed to take advantage of the larger computer memories made possible by 64-bit addressing. The PIXCI E4 board allows streaming of image data directly to 8, 12, 16 or more Gigabytes of computer memory, allowing sequence capture for longer durations.
Solutions and Support: EPIX, Inc. has been providing imaging solutions and support for OEM machine vision manufacturers and engineers since 1984. EPIX, Inc. assembles complete imaging systems with cameras, frame grabbers, high-performance PCI Express buses, and with RAID arrays for video-to-disk capture. EPIX imaging systems, custom-built to your specifications, feature Intel motherboards and processors. Contact EPIX, Inc., or an authorized EPIX, Inc. distributor, for help selecting cameras, frame grabbers, imaging software, optics, and computer systems.
- High Bandwidth Camera Link Frame Grabber
- PCI Express x4 Bus
- 1 Gbyte/sec Burst Transfer
- Up to 700 Mbyte/sec Sustained Data Transfer
- Line Scan or Area Scan
- Camera Frame Rate Sequence Capture
- Triggered Image Sequence Capture
- 64-Bit Memory Addressing
- Camera Integration & Async Reset Control
- Integration From Microseconds to Minutes
- Images Stored in Motherboard Memory or RAID Array
- Compatible with 32 / 64-bit Windows & Linux
- RoHS Compliant
- SIGNAL INPUT & OUTPUT:
- EIA RS-644 (LVDS) Drivers & Receivers
support pixel clock frequencies up to 85 MHz.
Supports the camera's maximum:
- Horizontal Resolution
- Vertical Resolution
- Frame Rate
- Bit Depth
- Two 26-pin 3M MDR Camera Link connectors for Full, Medium, and Base.
- 6-pin connector for Trigger, Frame Enable, and Strobe.
- Camera Link cables available.
- DATA TRANSFERS:
- Supports cameras with data output rates up to 700 MBytes/second.
- 64-bit memory addressing
- BUS REQUIREMENTS:
- x4 PCI Express Bus slot
- Operates in x16, x8, or x4 PCI Express Bus slot.
- 13.6 cm long by 10.5 cm high
(5.34" long x 4.13" high)
- CE Compliant
- ROHS Compliant
- EPIX SOFTWARE Support:
- Supported by XCAP-Lite (no charge with camera purchase), XCAP-Ltd, XCAP-Std, XCLIB, and XCLIBIPL.
Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2K, LINUX, and 32-bit DOS. Also TWAIN and Image-Pro Compatible.