Rugged, portable, powerful.
The Niagara 4100 is designed with a combination of simplicity, portability and power to quickly and easily stream your HD content to broadband and mobile networks including live adaptive streaming to Apple® iPhones® and iPads®. With the ability to ingest highdefinition video, the Niagara 4100 is ideal for live sports, live newsgathering operation, webcasting or any streaming application where you need rock-solid performance on the go.
This rugged, portable streaming appliance can ingest standard- or high-definition video sources through its SDI input, and accommodates a variety of audio input formats, including embedded SDI, AES/EBU, and balanced or unbalanced stereo.
With a portable, streamlined chassis, an easy-to-use web interface, and intuitive front panel controls, setup and operation is quick and easy. The Niagara 4100 even comes standard with front panel A,B,C buttons that can be pre-configured independently to activate different streaming profiles to meet the needs of any streaming application.
A self-contained system.
Niagara 4100 is a self-contained system built with the durability to withstand the most demanding production environments. You can control all key functions from the front-panel controls, or the unit can be accessed remotely anywhere on the network through its built-in web interface. All rear-panel connections are recessed for maximum protection, and there’s even a built-in handle for easy portability.
With ViewCast’s SimulStream technology, the Niagara 4100 supports multiple concurrent streams in a variety of formats, at multiple bit rates, from a single video source - all simultaneously.
It also comes with Niagara SCX® management software so you can control all its features through an easy-to-use web interface. Niagara SCX 6.2 will markedly improve the live streaming delivery experience for both broadcasters and iPhone users. By eliminating the need for an external stream segmenter, encoding workflows are simplified and overall system costs reduced.
- Transforms your HD content for delivery to
- Portable, powerful, compact and durable
for on location streaming in demanding
- Niagara 4100 supports live adaptive
streaming to Adobe® Flash dynamic (Flash
Media Server) and Apple HTTP live
(iPhones® and iPads®), Adobe Flash®
H.264, MPEG-4, H.264, and Windows
Media® (Silverlight compatible) SD and HD,
as well as container support for 3GPP and
- Captures, encodes, streams and archives
digital video and audio
- Enables customized streams with bitmap
overlays to brand your logo or graphics to
- Web interface provides setup and control
of multiple streams
- Built-in front-panel LCD screen with control
buttons and audio signal level display
- Self-contained unit – no mouse, monitor or
- Front-panel A,B,C buttons activate
one-touch, pre-programmable streaming
- Live sports
- News gathering
- Mobile TV
- Apple® HTTP live streaming
- Adobe® Flash dynamic streaming
- Adobe® Flash® H.264
- Microsoft® Windows Media® (Silverlight®) *
- MPEG-4, H.264, H.263
- 3GPP, 3GPP2 container support for MPEG-4
- Video presence indicator
- LCD status monitor
- Audio level meter
- Audio headset
- SDI (standard definition and high definition) (1 x BNC)
- Embedded SDI (16 channels or 8 stereo pair)
- AES/EBU (2 stereo channels)
- Balanced stereo (2 x XLR)
- Unbalanced stereo (2 x RCA)
- SMPTE 259M and 292M SDI standards
- USB ports: 1 rear panel, 1 front panel
- Ethernet: 2 x 1 Gbit ports
- Niagara SCX® with Web Interface
- Intel i7 processor
- 4 GB RAM or larger
- HDD (160 GB or larger)
- Osprey® 710e HD technology
- Scaling, cropping, de-interlacing, inverse telecine
- Closed-caption rendering (SD only)
- 4.5”H x 8” W x 12” D (11.43 cm H x 20.32 cm W x 30.48 cm D)
- 90 W power supply
- 12 V DC (AC to DC adapter included)
- Mini XLR to XLR adapter cable
- Rugged carrying case
- 1 year limited hardware warranty